It is very easy to connect cursive font in Cricut Design Space and I think it makes a big difference in how your design looks. In this tutorial I am going to walk you through how you can easily connect your cursive font.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you click a link and make a purchase I make a small commission, but it won’t cost you anything extra). Read my disclosure policy.
How to Connect Cursive Font in Cricut Design Space
Using the Letter Space Tool
- Once you type your text in Design Space use the letter space tool at the top to decrease the spacing between your letters. Click on the down arrow next to the number until your letters are spaced to your liking.
Using the Ungroup to Letters Tool
- You may need to fine tune the spacing in one or more of your letters. To do this, select your word and then under the advanced option select ungroup to letters. This will allow you to move your letters individually.
- You can use your mouse or arrow keys to move your letters.
- TIP: Hold the shift key while moving your letters. This will keep them on the same horizontal access.
Welding Your Final Product
- When you have finished moving your letters and your design is how you want it select your word and then click on weld on the bottom right.
- The weld button will connect your letters together so it cuts out as one piece. This is important because you do not want your letters to cut out individually!
- A word of caution…there is not an unweld button in Design Space! I recommend welding your letters together towards the end of your designing. You can use the undo button, but this can be more difficult if you have a lot of steps in after you weld because you will have to undo everything done after you weld!
And there you have it!
Are you looking for new fonts to use in Cricut Design Space? Make sure you check out Font Bundles! You can find some amazing, unique fonts as well as free fonts that work great in Design Space!